REGISTRATION CLOSES September 1, 2019
(Early Bird August 1, 2019)
3 spaces remain!

Writing Your Spiritual Journey, Wildacres Retreat Center September 26 - September 29, 2019

If you are curious about your spiritual path, join us to explore the holiness of the ordinary in our lives. Perhaps you seek continuity between your inner world and the outer world, between your past self and who you are now, or between what you claim to believe and how you live. Perhaps you sense a power beyond you that gives greater meaning to your life. Perhaps your life is shifting in focus and intention. It is with curiosity and an eye to the sacred that we write and share our stories from Thursday night through Sunday morning at beautiful and welcoming Wildacres Retreat Center in Little Switzerland, NC [www.wildacres.org].
Contact Kathleen at krmt1923@gmail.com for more information.
Register now and bring a friend!
Registration information is at bottom of the page.

Monday, April 16, 2018

Mountain Spring

My attention moves from this page to snow falling on my neighbor's daffodils as the sun beams into the clouds to reveal Linville Range.  Fire crackles and warms the otherwise unheated room.  It's spring in Little Switzerland!

Today is the beginning of Spring Gathering at Wildacres where once again artists of all sorts gather to work on individual projects through the week.  We love the time together to feed off each others life stories and creative processes.  By the end of the week writers will throw pots, and painters will write poems.  It's especially special for me as my sister and one of my oldest friends attend, so we have dedicated time together twice a year.

The fire, snow and promise of friendships renewed nudge me to return to writing this year.  My life away from the mountains is full with grandchildren and adult children, my 90+ mother, a spiritual direction practice, and recently the clearing and cleaning that comes from living in the same house for 35 years. So at a time of life when writing could offer me support and a way through, I have stepped away.  This week writing calls to me, and I intend to listen.

If you have ever been to Wildacres you know the peace and beauty inspire everyone who visits.  Dave and Sherry and the incredible staff tend and keep us with care and compassion. Wildacres is a space for renewal and return to one's truest self and callings.  I'm grateful this morning for the chance to spend time there this week.  Perhaps I'll meet you there during the 2018 season!

Peace on the Path

No comments: