REGISTRATION CLOSES September 1, 2019
(Early Bird August 1, 2019)
3 spaces remain!

Writing Your Spiritual Journey, Wildacres Retreat Center September 26 - September 29, 2019

If you are curious about your spiritual path, join us to explore the holiness of the ordinary in our lives. Perhaps you seek continuity between your inner world and the outer world, between your past self and who you are now, or between what you claim to believe and how you live. Perhaps you sense a power beyond you that gives greater meaning to your life. Perhaps your life is shifting in focus and intention. It is with curiosity and an eye to the sacred that we write and share our stories from Thursday night through Sunday morning at beautiful and welcoming Wildacres Retreat Center in Little Switzerland, NC [www.wildacres.org].
Contact Kathleen at krmt1923@gmail.com for more information.
Register now and bring a friend!
Registration information is at bottom of the page.

Monday, July 12, 2010

In Memory

I light a candle to brighten this mountain house which is surrounded by fog and to commemorate the fifth anniversary of my mother-in-law's death. She and I had a lovingly close relationship for nearly 35 years. Her presence in my life gave me confidence and a sense of belonging. She took me for who I was, never challenging or ignoring me, always offering unconditional love. Being with her taught me to slow down, to create a beautiful table, to freshen up for dinner. We shared a love of fine novels, antique china and silver and flower gardens. We enjoyed a summer trip to Ireland with her son and my husband, dozens of visits to her Baltimore and Florida homes and many hours of easy conversation about life, children and friends. Her loyalty and generosity impacted all who knew her. I have missed her and still ask her for wisdom in trying moments. These five years have brought blessings she would have loved to share, especially our sons' completion of graduate school in fields they love and the recent arrival of her twin great-grandchildren. Her husband of 60 years has learned to iron and wash clothes and now understands in new ways all that she did to help him be successful. I honor and celebrate the life and influence Florence Tarr has had on my life and my spirit.

No comments: